Girl Scouts & Boy Scouts Are Welcome!
Cost: $35 per rider for 2-hour Horseback Riding Workshop
We can host groups of up to 12 children (minimum 8) per day. 6 years of age and up. No riding experience is required! What is included:
- 2 hour workshop
- Nonmounted instruction: Covers Intro to Equines, Horse Body Language & Safety, Horse Care, Grooming & Tacking, Responsibility!
- Horse related craft is optional (no extra cost but we must be notified upon time of booking)
- Mounted Lesson: 45 minute lesson on horseback in groups of 4 or less at a time per instructor. Time includes grooming, tacking, mounting, riding, and dismounting.
- Horse leaders and sidewalkers may be provided for the child depending on age/ability of scout in order to maximize safety. Please note: If you have a child with special needs in your group, please disclose this information at the time of group registration, so that we may make the proper accommodations ahead of time. We reserve the right to modify the activities based upon the safety and ability of any child.
- We provide all helmets, tack, equipment. Scout must attend wearing proper attire (long pants, closed toe sneakers or boots). Leaders are responsible for providing Equestrian Awards–belt loops, patches etc.
- Girl Scout & Boy Scout Council rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Please have each participant complete a Scout Registration Forms (click here) filled out by parent PRIOR to arrival. Sorry no “tag-alongs” allowed.
- Payment in full for all workshops is due no later than 15 days prior to event and may be paid by check or credit card. Please click on the “Pay My Bill” link to make a credit card payment.